Remy XO Valentine's Day Cake for Two with Piper Heidsieck Champagne Truffles


Many desserts make a large amount and Valentine's Day calls for something smaller, more special. I decided to make a tiny cake adorned with truffles. The cake is moist chocolate cake that has been infused with Remy XO in the recipe. I baked it in two 6" cake pans. I also infused jam mixed with Remy XO and spread it between the two layers. I then covered the entire cake with a rich layer of chocolate ganache. For the truffles, I used four different brands/types of cocoa powder to obtain the various exteriors - the truffles are infused with Piper Heidsieck Champage. After the chocolate ganache had set for a half hour, adorned the top of the mini-cake with the truffles.  Here is the recipe:

Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment