Granola


Have you ever wondered how to make granola? It's so easy and versatile, you can accommodate various tastes with just one recipe. I threw this together over at my sister's house and she calls me every day to tell me how much she enjoys it. Even my daughter loves this over vanilla-yogurt in the morning. The dried fruit and nuts can be interchanged with ones you prefer. This makes a large batch, so put some in Mason jars and give away as gifts to those you love.

8 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
2 cups sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. sea salt (fleur de sel)
1 tbsp. vanilla bean paste
1 cup dates - small dice
3/4 cup dried blueberries

Mix together, spread granola on baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Transfer sheet to rack; cool granola completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment