Candy Apple Salad

Recently when I was down at my mother's house I had this salad.  I thought it was one of the most interesting taste combinations I had tried in a while.  After finding out what was in it, I knew I had to share it with you.  Just in time for a weekend celebration!

Ingredients:

1-1/2 cups heavy cream
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
2 tbsp. vanilla-bean paste
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
4 large apples, chopped (about 6 cups)
4 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch pieces ( I used the mini's)

Directions:
Place 1 1/2 cups cream and pudding package in a saucepan, bring to boil and remove from heat.  Alternatively you can place cream and pudding package into a liquid measuring cup and microve for up to six minutes, stirring every two minutes until set (this may not take six minutes depending on your microwave).  Remove from heat and pour into a heatproof bowl, add vanilla-bean paste and stir to combine.  Allow to cool to room temperature or chill, covering it with plastic wrap to avoid it getting a skin.   Fold in whipped topping, followed by gently adding apples and candy bars. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment