My Grandmother's Heirloom Ghoulash Recipe


I am certain that there are a million ways to embellish this recipe and update it, but this tried and true classic from my Grandmother's kitchen takes me back to a time that seemed more simple and life was relaxed.  This is truly a no-fuss concoction, it is almost an assembly of sorts - but I am always left satisfied by this type of family fare.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  Even better the next day.

2 lbs. cooked/crumbled ground beef
1 medium onion, diced (cooked in with ground beef)
1/2 lb cooked medium pasta shells
1 16 oz. bag frozen corn, thawed/drained
1 28 oz. can diced tomato
1 13 oz. can tomato sauce
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

In a large saucepan brown ground beef and diced onion together, drain grease.   While beef is draining, into pot add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, thawed corn and cooked pasta shells until simmering - then add ground beef and onions.  Let simmer for 30 minutes on low.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment