Zucchini Spaghetti

I am always trying to think outside the box and look at food differently.  I love pasta, but sometimes do not want the additional carbs associated with them.  With Fall's arrival, comes heavier foods with more substantial flavor yet there are times I crave something with a lot of flavor but still light.  Here I created my zucchini pasta, not only is it full of flavor but it is rich with color.  I am actually going to serve this as a Thanksgiving side dish this year.  And I should also mention that even my 14-yo 'I hate zucchini' daughter tried it and loved it.

You will need a julienne peeler, I use the one made by Rosle.  This recipe is almost too easy, it's hard to put down actual measurements because it is almost subjective to the eater.  Let me just say, when using the actual sized zucchini (not the massive, overgown ones) you will use one zucchini per person.  The recipe below will serve four as a main course.

2 tbsp. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 pt. grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
4 zucchini
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Using your julienne peeler, peel the zucchini lengthwise creating long julienne strips - set aside.  In a large saute or fry pan heat up your oil over medium heat.  Add garlic and cook until fragrant, around one minute.  Add halved tomatoes and cook for another minute, then add zucchini and toss lightly to cook with tongs until thoroughly heated through - roughly five minutes.  Remove from pan and cover with parmesan cheese, serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment