Honey Palmiers

I love Palmiers - light and crispy French treats, delicately sweetened.  They are just the right thing for a miniature sweet tooth.  I had put off making these for years because I wanted to think I would get up the courage to actually make puff pastry, but I decided I would see if I could cheat this recipe to the finish line. 

I have been obsessesed with honey from The Savannah Bee Company, and although Palmiers are usually sweetened with sugar, I wanted to blend them with this wonderful Tupelo honey I had.  The end result made me feel guilty it was so easy.  I hope you too find it just as amazing.

1/2 package Pepperidge Farms Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed in refrigerator
1/2 cup sugar
4 tbsp Tupelo Honey from The Savannah Bee Company

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar onto cool counter to cover an area of 14" X 11".  Unroll thawed puff pastry and place over sprinkled sugar.  Press puff pastry down to adhere sugar to back surface.  Drizzle honey over entire top surface of puff pastry and cover with remaining 1/4 cup sugar.  Taking the short ends, carefully roll both edges toward each other to meet in the middle.  Using a sharp knife, cut rolled pastry in half, then half again - repeating until you have 16 pastries. 

Place onto silpat lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven - turn and bake for additional 5-10  minutes depending on your oven.  Remove from oven, using a oven pad pull silpat out of pan with Palmier's on it and place onto cooling rack to cool completely.  Once cooled, they will become crisp.  Serve immediately or keep stored in airtight container to keep from becoming soft.

1 comment: