Monster Breakfast Bar


I call this my Monster Breakfast Bar because it reminds me of Monster Cookies - packed with a myriad of ingredients, this bar is sure to tantalize the tastebuds.  I choose to use honey and maple syrup made locally as I believe it helps with allergies.  The pumpkin and sunflower seeds I purchase from the bin section at the local grocery store.  You can find the USA Pans Hot Dog Pan here - I specifically use this brand as it is made in the USA.  I use this pan for all my breakfast bar creations as it creates bar shapes for me so all I have to do is cut and serve.  This batch of 10 bars roughly costs $4, instead of $4 a bar at the store!

1 1/2 cups rolled oats (I use Good Sense)
1 1/2 cups Kashi 7 Whole-Grain Puffs
1/2 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds (I use Good Sense)
1/2 cup honey roasted sunflower seeds (I use Good Sense)
1/2 cup unsweeted, flaked coconut (I use Gurley's)
1/4 cup flax seed (I use Bob's Red Mill Whole)
1/3 cup maple syrup (use local)
1/3 cup honey (use local)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tblsp vanilla bean paste

Place all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.  Place maple syrup, honey and peanut butter into a 2 cup liquid measuring cup and microwave for 1.5 minutes - stir gently with a small whisk to combine, add vanilla-bean paste.  Pour over dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until well combined.

Prep a USA Pans 15X6 inch, New England Hot Dog pan by spraying it with Bak-klene to ensure easy release.  Empty mixture into hot dog pan evenly and cover with a large enough piece of parchment paper, press with palm of hand to solidify.  I have two pans, so I place a second pan on top of the parchment and push down to make sure it is pressed evenly.  Place into the refrigerator to chill for at least six hours.  Cut into bars and cover with plastic wrap or a baggie as they are sticky.   Makes ten bars - Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving me a sample of your breakfast bars. They were a great way to start my day; I enjoyed them as a quick afternoon snack too. I found when I needed just a little sweet treat a small piece of the breakfast bar satisfied the craving. I am not supposed to eat peanut butter so I am going to make them with almond butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw you on wgn tv today. Everything looks so yummy! I can't wait to try your breakfast bars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great way to incorporate healthy and filling food compenents to take on hikes, biking camping or on the run trips. Where can I locate a hot dog pan such as this? would the same idea work in large sized muffin pans? Great idea! Senior from Indiana

    ReplyDelete