Maple Sidecar

With the advent of Autumn and Winter around the corner, I wanted to create a cocktail that celebrates the seasons.  Why not take one of my all-time favorite drinks, the Sidecar and remix it.  Here I switched out the brandy for Maker's Mark and the simple syrup with maple syrup.  The end result?  Let's just say I will be staying in a lot this year.....

2 oz. Maker's Mark
1 oz. Cointreau
2 oz. Maple Sour (recipe below)
Coarse Sugar for rimming
Lemon Peel for garnish

Maple Sour
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice


Rub lemon around edge of double old-fashioned glass and press into coarse sugar.  I place one craft King cube into the glass.

In a shaker add ice, Maker's Mark, Cointreau and Maple Sour.  Cover and shake vigorously until chilled.  Pour liquid into garnished glass and finish with lemon peel - enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment