Giant Cookie Cake


So I have to admit, that sometimes I get suckered into culinary items that I later regret or wonder how others have fared after buying it. I purchased this cookie cake pan and after four failed attempts at getting the cake to finally come out of the pan, it hit me how to do this. I made the recipe on the back of the box, which is the best recipe for this cake - there is no doubt about that. What they fail to convey is that you will not be able to get the cake out of the pan because it is a very dense, moist brownie-like cake. Enter previous experience in solving these problems (don't even bother to ask why it took me four failed tries before it hit me, that needs a cocktail).

The key tool - aside from the pan, is a kitchen torch. So after you make this recipe, throw the cakes into the refrigerator and chill overnight. Then, you remove it from the refrigerator and with the pan side up to you, torch the metal to heat up the pan (more the butter/cocoa that has latched itself onto the cake) for about a minute or two. Then rap the pan onto the counter and the cake should release itself. If not, torch it for another minute and then try to get it to release again. I have found that the image is never flawless on the cake, but it is so delicious - that does not matter. Also, you need to keep this cake in the refrigerator at all times - it does not work to cut it at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment