High-Protein Bread Recipe

I love to eat bread and remembered this delicious high-protein bread at the store, so I decided to try making it myself to see how hard it would be.  I did make this in my Breville Bread Machine as I figured it would be a little sticky to deal with, and since my gluten-free bread always comes out perfect - this should work as well.  In the interest of saving time for this recipe, I would recommend making your quinoa beforehand and not right when you decide to make this bread.  This loaf is pretty delicious, it's chock full of great stuff - even my 16-yo daughter thought it tasted great.  No need to feel guilty eating bread with this!

1 cup of quinoa - you will need to cook this with 2 c. water
1 c. warm water
1/4 c. honey
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. honey, roasted sunflower seeds
1/4 c. flax seeds
1/4 c. roasted, salted watermelon seeds
1/2 tsp. freshly, grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. vital wheat gluten

In the bowl of your bread machine place the warm water, honey, eggs, olive oil, salt and all the cooked quinoa.  Then add the flour, finished by all the remaining ingredients on top.  Set for 1.5 lb loaf with medium crust and turn on.  I always monitor the bread initially in the machine just to make sure everything is mixing properly - so I would recommend watching this for the first 4-5 minutes and scrape the sides with a spatula to ensure all of the ingredients are getting incorporated.  Then you can shut the top and walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment