Fresh Margaritas


I do not know about you, but I am tired of all the expensive drink mixes that leave me underwhelmed. Who said that cocktail mixology from scratch was difficult never had the satisfaction of enjoying an excellent libation. My sister and I call them Margo's and in an effort to educate the planet on how to drink better, here is the recipe I love when it comes to Margarita's. Caution: This does require a bit of effort as you have to let the ingredients steep for a minimum of four hours, but it is sooo worth it! You can easily double this recipe - I know because I have tried...

Ingredients
4 teaspoons grated lime zest
1/2 cup lime juice from 2 to 3 medium limes
4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice from 2 to 3 medium lemons
1/4 cup superfine sugar
pinch table salt

1 cup 100 percent agave tequila, preferably Reposado
1 cup Triple Sec

Instructions:
1. Combine lime zest and juice, lemon zest and juice, sugar, and salt in large liquid measuring cup; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until flavors meld, 4 to 24 hours.
2. Strain juice mixture into 1-quart pitcher or cocktail shaker, add tequila and Triple Sec. Fill four DOF glasses with crushed ice and pour strained mixture into ice-filled glasses; serve immediately and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this!
    I am always looking for the perfect Margarita or Margo's as they are known in your family.

    ReplyDelete