Silpat


As any of you have probably heard me say once or twice, I am sold on the Silpat. What is a Silpat? I believe it is the most popular non-stick baking item ever invented! The Silpat is a must for any patisserie chef or home baker. It can turn any pan into a non-stick surface. Just place it in a cookie sheet or pan. It is especially great for working with sticky materials such as gooey batter, taffy, caramel, or anything your imagination allows. I love to use it for cutout cookies and pie crust. I roll the dough between two silpats, and then I do not add any unecessary flour. Nothing sticks to the Silpat, so it will save you a lot of time cleaning as there in no more sticky mess on your pans!
It also never needs greasing, which saves both time and money. Use it for any recipe that calls for parchment paper. This saves money and creates less waste for our environment (eco-friendly!).
Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mats are made of fiberglass and silicone, and can be used thousands of times (depending on how you maintain them). I have had mine for 13 years and they work fanatastic.
You can use the mats at temperatures varying from -40°C to 250°C (-40°F (brrr) to 482°F (feels a little warm in here, doesn't it?))
Also comes in a larger size they call Rollpat. This is an investment you will use forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment