Unschooled Christmas Tree

I love yellow, it is my favorite color right next to orange. So when I found a yellow feather tree that I could use for Christmas, I was elated. Yellow is such an odd pairing for Christmas, but in my world - anything works. I packed it with kugels from Germany and here is the result. You can find kugels in a myriad of shapes and sizes. I have acorn and grapes, to large spheres 8" around. When my eye catches these things, I often ask myself 'How can I do this?' I ended up splurging last year for the tree and having one made.

Dennis Bauer is an artisan that hand made this tree - I had a hard time locating him, but now have his contact information set in stone. He hand applies the goose feathers in a spiral formation along the branch to create the 'needles'. A tree such as this takes a solid week to create. He is amazing at his craft and owning one is truly owning a piece of art. If you are interested in seeing more of his designs, you can contact us at kon-tent and we can provide that to you. His work is stunning and I can be coerced into these types of purchases easily.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous kugels. Nice collection...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment Cathy, I appreciate it. Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ross, I'm not sure how you found me (and I'm a "local" too)...but you are a man after my own heart! Cooking, crafting, AND feather trees??? Lordy. I love it!

    ReplyDelete