Blueberry Scones

I had some fresh blueberries in the fridge when I opened it this morning, and I debated between blueberry waffles and blueberry scones - I chose scones. I simply made my cream scones(recipe below), but rolled out the dough to 1/2" thickness. I then sprinkled one half with sanding sugar and topped it with fresh blueberries. I folded the other half over the half with sugar and blueberries. I brushed the top with a cream/egg wash and sprinkled more sanding sugar on top of that. I cut it into eight scones, and baked at 350 for 30 minutes.

3 1/2 cup white flour
4 1/2 tsp. baking powder
4 tbsp. sugar (more for garnish)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter - cubed or sliced
4 eggs
2/3 cup cream

1 Egg & 2 tbsp cream mixed for brushing top

Mix together all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl or workbowl of a food processor. Cut butter into flour mixture with your fingers if in regular bowl or with metal blade in food processor until butter is in pea-sized pieces.
In a separate bowl, mix eggs and cream then add to flour/butter mixture. Do not overmix. Turn out down and form into a round or square that is 1" thick. Brush with egg/cream mixture and sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment