Meatballs

Making meatballs for a crowd can be a pain. At least this is what I thought until I realized I could cook them in a way that not only saved me time, but also clean-up AND the amount of fat in the recipe. The secret? Roasting them makes all the difference. After my meatball mixture is combined I use my cookie scoop to preportion the amounts, then I roll my meatballs lightly between the palms of my hand to make them uniform and round.

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the meatballs on a cooling rack that you have placed inside a sheet pan. This allows for air flow all around your meatballs and assures that they cook evenly. Placing them directly on the pan will cause them to cook faster on the bottom. Roast for 20 minutes - voila!
I then place them in whatever sauce I am going to use and let them simmer for at least 30 minutes. Making them the day beforehand allows them to develop more flavor - I would suggest if you have time to do them that way.

1 comment: