Buttery White Bread

I am not sure why, but I have been on a roll (pardon the pun) experimenting with yeast dough.  I am here so you have one convenient place to go to in order to find recipes and ideas that are tested and work, conveyed to you in ways that relate to your life.  I recently did an article regading dough and how my methodology works using my grandmother's heirloom bread recipe.  Please refer to the dough post for the technique as it is the same.  Here is an alternative recipe for white bread.  The glossy finish on the top is my grandmother's technique of rubbing the top crust of the bread with butter.

1 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
5 tsp. yeast
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
6 cups all-purpose flour, possibly more

Remember to start out with 5 1/2 cups of flour to start out with and then walk into the remaining 1/2 cup or more (I explain this in detail on dough post) until the dough cleans the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment