Fleur de Sel Chocolate Chip Cookies

I decided to take my Salted Chocolate Chip cookie recipe and try to reinvent. I wanted to make it easier for all of us. I normally used to make the dough and let it sit in the mixing bowl overnight or roll it into a log and then slice it. I let the dough sit because I believe that it develops a carmely flavor into the cookie when you allow the dough to cure, so to speak.

This time around I decided to immediately scoop out the dough into rounds using a 2-ounce cookie scoop. I placed them on a silpat and used these amazing cookie sheets that Nordic Ware makes - they acutally come with a lid, so you can put the whole thing in the fridge to rest overnight.
I also made some other changes, I switched out the combination of cake and bread flour for straight all-purpose flour - I also lowered the amount of flour I used. Lastly, instead of putting salt in the cookie AND on top of the cookie - I put the Fleur de Sel directly into the cookie.

2 ½ sticks (1 ¼ cup) unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp Fleur de Sel
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1lb. bittersweet chocolate disks, I use Guittard

1. Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add baking soda, salt, baking powder and flour - then mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them.

2. Scoop dough into balls using a 2 oz. cookie scoop and place onto a silpat-lined baking sheet. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.

3. Bake until golden brown but still soft, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough for baking remaining batches the next day. Serve & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment