Roasted Tomatoes

With summer planting on the way, I want to be able to show you all the ways you can use that bounty that will begin. The abundance of tomatoes, peppers, onions, zucchini and eggplant can be overwhelming.

Here I roasted roma tomatoes with garlic. Simply remove the stem or core and slice them in half. I put them in a baking dish that is size appropriate. I then throw in some garlic where I have cut the cloves in half only, and not minced them. I throw them into the baking dish as well. I drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper then place into a 400 degree, preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.

This basic recipe can be used in so many ways:

Used them warm placed whole or cubed on top toasted bread as bruschetta.
Immediately place them into some warmed stock and simmer for 30 minutes, then blend to make a roasted tomato soup
Chop the mixture up and add it to guacamole
Use them right away as a side dish

Place into a food processor or roughly chop, and add:
To your favorite pasta sauce recipe or mix with cream cheese to make a delicious dip
You can also can them for use later so you enjoy them all year around or give them as gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment