Squared Apple Crisp

When it comes to apple crisp, I'm feel the same way I do about crumb cake - more crisp please!  If you love the cruncy, caramelly topping just as much as I do then you need to try this recipe - it is a homerun.  I photographed it here on my Faux Bois (French for false wood) dinnerware from my Heirloom Entertaining Collection.

Crisp:
1 cup oatmeal, coarse blended
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup butter, room temperature

Mix ingredients together with a fork and set aside.


Apples:
2 lbs Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. all spice

Mix apple ingredients together and place into a buttered 9X13 baking dish - top with crisp mixture.  Bake in a 375 degree-preheated oven for 35 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool until warm, serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment