Cookies for Sophia



I had a request for palm tree and nautilus cookies after the cookie newsletter that went out last week. Sophia is having a birthday party on Saturday. Her only request was that I keep out four cookies and not put any frosting on them as she does not like frosting.
I have been working on perfecting my vanilla-bean sugar cookie recipe to produce a softer cut-out cookie, and I also have been working on my royal icing recipe to give it a little bit more depth in flavor. I am very happy with the results.
The nautilus is flooded with white and then accented with sky blue and teal. The top of the cookie has been dusted with sanding sugar to give it a beach/sand feel. The palm trees are done up to even include coconuts - the trunks are sanded with sugar to give them a textural look.

1 comment: